Our Result - Cannabis - 1200009
1. Cultivate cannabis (not more than the prescribed number ie. Less than 5)
2. Possession of prescribed equipment
3. Interfere with supply of electricity
1. Cultivate Cannabis Controlled Substances Act 1984, s 33K
A person who cultivates not more than the prescribed number of cannabis plants is guilty of an offence.
2. Controlled Substances Act 1984, s 33LA
A person who, without reasonable excuse (proof of which lies on the person) —
(a) has possession of any prescribed equipment; or
(b) supplies to another person any prescribed equipment; or
(c) has possession of any prescribed equipment intending to supply it to another person,
is guilty of an offence.
3. Electricity Act 1986, s 85
(1) A person must not, without proper authority—
(a) abstract or divert electricity from a power system; or
(b) interfere with a meter or other device for measuring the consumption of electricity supplied by an electricity entity.
1. $1000 or 6 months imprisonment or both 2 . $10,000 or 2 years or both 3 . $20,000 or 2 years or both
Fine $1000 – confiscation of equipment
2 Plants – Single parent – recreational user – 1st time growing - trying to save money